Archives for posts with tag: JKPP

Again, I had too much ink on the plate when I did this transfer monotype. Nothing acrylic paint couldn’t fix. A mess of a portrait transformed.

JKPP = Julia Kay’s Portrait Party

A piece of thin Japanese printmaking paper was placed onto an inked copper plate and, with a ball point pen that no longer had ink, I drew, referring to a JKPP Flickr group photo (that I reversed using my iPad), on the back of the Japanese paper. The result was a Transfer Monotype.

Oil based printing ink, Japanese paper, acrylic paint.

JKPP = Julia Kay’s Portrait Party

A portion of a map from The Met was placed onto an inked copper plate and, with a ball point pen that no longer had ink, I drew, referring to a JKPP Flickr group photo (that I reversed using my iPad), on the back of the Paper. The result was a Transfer Monotype.

JKPP = Julia Kay’s Portrait Party

A piece of thin Japanese printmaking paper was placed onto an inked copper plate and, with a ball point pen that no longer had ink, I drew, referring to a JKPP Flickr group photo (that I reversed using my iPad), on the back of the Japanese paper. The result was a Transfer Monotype.

Oil based printing ink, Japanese paper

This transfer monotype was awful – too much ink on the plate rendered the drawing almost indistinguishable. I was disappointed but saved it to play with at home. With nothing to lose I painted over the print with acrylic. Success!

JKPP = Julia Kay’s Portrait Party

A piece of thin Japanese printmaking paper was placed onto an inked copper plate and, with a ball point pen that no longer had ink, I drew, referring to a JKPP Flickr group photo (that I reversed using my iPad), on the back of the Japanese paper. The result was a Transfer Monotype.

Oil based printing ink, Japanese paper, acrylic paint.

JKPP = Julia Kay’s Portrait Party

A piece of thin Japanese printmaking paper was placed onto an inked copper plate and, with a ball point pen that no longer had ink, I drew, referring to a JKPP Flickr group photo (that I reversed using my iPad), on the back of the Japanese paper. The result was a Transfer Monotype.

Oil based printing ink, Japanese paper, Caran d’Ache Neocolor II

I added some acrylic paint and Caran d’Ache Neocolor II Crayons to this print.

JKPP = Julia Kay’s Portrait Party

A piece of thin Japanese printmaking paper was placed onto an inked copper plate and, with a ball point pen that no longer had ink, I drew, referring to a JKPP Flickr group photo (that I reversed using my iPad), on the back of the Japanese paper. The result was a Transfer Monotype.

Oil based printing ink, Japanese paper, Acrylic Paint, Neocolor II

JKPP = Julia Kay’s Portrait Party

A portion of a map from The Met was placed onto an inked copper plate and, with a ball point pen that no longer had ink, I drew, referring to a JKPP Flickr group photo (that I reversed using my iPad), on the back of the Paper. The result was a Transfer Monotype.

JKPP = Julia Kay’s Portrait Party

A piece of thin Japanese printmaking paper was placed onto an inked copper plate and, with a ball point pen that no longer had ink, I drew, referring to a JKPP Flickr group photo (that I reversed using my iPad), on the back of the Japanese paper. The result was a Transfer Monotype.

Oil based printing ink, Japanese paper

JKPP = Julia Kay’s Portrait Party (referred to photo put on JKPP Flickr Group supplied by subject for this purpose)

iPadPro; Pencil
Apps Used: Procreate

JKPP = Julia Kay’s Portrait Party

A piece of thin Japanese printmaking paper was placed onto an inked copper plate and, with a ball point pen that no longer had ink, I drew, referring to a JKPP Flickr group photo (that I reversed using my iPad), on the back of the Japanese paper. The result was a Transfer Monotype.

Oil based printing ink, Japanese paper, Neocolor II water soluble crayons.