The ladies dressed so festively were dancing with pairs of sticks and clicking them against each other and against their partner’s. I used charcoal for this drawing and was happy with it. After spraying it with a bit of hairspray I decided to see if watersoluble pencils and crayons would work on top of the fixed charcoal. They worked perfectly but then I no longer liked the sketch. It bothered me all evening. So, the next morning, as soon as I got out of bed, I went over everything with acrylic paint. Now, I really like it.

(And, yes, I realize or, rather, finally noticed, that I misspelled Rubin. I fixed it on the originals. Sigh.)

Stillman and Birn Zeta Series sketchbook, charcoal, acrylic paint.

Advertisements