After I did a transfer monotype (seen in a previous post some time ago) using this drawing, I noticed that there was sufficient ink remaining on the copper plate so I decided to keep working on the plate and run it through the press. Well, it printed out just fine, but I hated it. Destined for the garbage heap. One day last week I was using acrylics for a project I’ve been working on and decided to see what would happen if I painted over the oil based printing ink.
I referred to a sketch that had been drawn from life in a small gridded notebook and then colored in my iPAD while on the High Line with NYC Urban Sketchers. Arches printmaking paper.