Here’s the story.

(I apologize to my friends who already received this in an email but I couldn’t stand the idea of typing it or another version with one finger.)

After my eyeball appointment on Thursday I fell on 57th Street & Park, in the street. and landed on my face -right side cheekbone, scraped the right elbow and knee and somehow also hurt my left (dominant) hand. Many people rushed to my aid. Just tripped, no drama. I was able to walk to the subway to the LIRR because I didn’t want to stay in the city. Something was wrong with the hand but I couldn’t tell if I broke anything. My face started swelling up. When I got home I looked at myself and saw a very colorful swollen black eye (the Eyeball eye side) and hand was hurting and not working properly. I went to an ER by taxi because my eyes were too dilated from my eye appointment earlier and I couldn’t see to drive in the dark and I couldn’t hold onto the steering wheel either.

I was in ER all night because it was unusually busy. It was an unexpectedly pleasant almost 11 hours because everyone else was easygoing and no troublemakers or whiners. Time actually went fast. A great variety of people. I was in the middle of a bunch of Spanish speaking women who automatically saved my seat, led me to food, zipped up my purse, connected my iPod to the charger because my hand refused to do it. For some reason I was wide awake. The only unpleasant aspect was the air conditioning – my teeth were chattering and my body was shaking with chills for hours.

I can draw with my non-dominant hand so that’s something. The lady in the blue blouse in my drawing (see blog post from a few days ago) was energetic, cheerful, helping people – even the one nutcase man who eventually quietly entertained himself with his humongous headphones, iPad with Hulu and suitcase – later she told me she was being admitted – two cardiac bypasses in the past and she had chest pain. I showed her my drawing -was thrilled by the whole idea of it – I emailed it to her right there. (the lady in pinky/purple was another one who spent more hours than me there – r/o appendicitis – but energetic, sociable, helpful. ) She got a bed in ER after 5 hrs in waiting room chair and 1 more hour in an inner ER waiting room chair where I spent 3 hrs.

X-Ray of hand, wrist, arm shows no fracture but I was given a cast and have an orthopedic follow up appointment Monday (later today). The fingers move but can’t do anything because the thumb is in the cast and there is pain. Might be sprain or torn something or other. My head is ok. Had Cat Scan but my face is getting even mort colorful.

All in all I was up from 6am Thursday until I got home Friday morning at 9am (train station is right by ER so I took it to my stop and then taxi) and I only was sleepy while waiting for the train on a bench and fell asleep a few times to be woken by my body jerking. Embarrassing. Old lady with black eye, cast on arm and hospital band. I asked the woman waiting next to me with a suitcase if she had scissors. She did and cut the band off. What would Dunkin’ think if I had to bring scissors when I get my coffee so I could be freed of the band?

That’s the story. Fini. Well, we’ll see.

iPad; New Trent Arcadia stylus.

Apps Used: Sketch Club