Thursday and Friday were spent at The Center for Contemporary Printmaking working with encaustic.  To prepare I printed from my thermofax “Faces” screens onto some questionable gelatin monotypes made last summer.  These papers I adhered to six 6″x6″, two 2″x4″ and one 4″ x 4″ cradled boards.  Also, as an experiment, I printed with the screens on already-waxed boards and on some finished pieces that I never really liked and thought I would try to rework.  Printing on the wax worked fine but my reworking of the older pieces was a disaster – what started out ugly remained ugly – at least the wax can be melted and scraped off and the boards reused.

I’m pleased, for the most part, with how the works on cradled boards turned out.  Here are three of them – they are all part of a series and it was noted on Friday that they are a bit “dark” for me.  


I won’t tell you what Leslie said they reminded her of (and when she was searching for the name I knew exactly what she was talking about)


but I agreed with her instantly although I had nothing to do with that – I was just the conduit.  You really have to see all nine lined up together to see what I mean but I took the photographs in the studio and had trouble adjusting the colors.

(Psst.  The next one is my favorite.)


The hotel I spent the night in promised me two bottles of water and a wireless connection.  I finished the water but the wireless fizzled out and I should have called down to the front desk but instead I read my book and completed two journal entries and didn’t Internet Obsess. 


 Yes, yes, yes I also had the television(s!!!!) on.